LASIK Vision Correction
Making the right choice for your LASIK procedure can make all the difference in the world… in both your vision and your life. At Berkeley Eye Center, we know choosing to have LASIK is a huge decision.
See Clearly Without The Hassle Of Contacts Or Glasses
Here’s more good news. Our LASIK procedure takes only a few minutes to complete and patients remain awake and comfortable during the entire procedure. We offer the latest laser technology and techniques by uniquely qualified surgeons who have performed tens of thousands of procedures combined. As you continue your research about LASIK and vision correction procedures, here are a few more facts to keep in mind about Berkeley Eye Center:
94% of LASIK Patients see 20/20 or Better*
* AMO clinical study of 300 iLASIK patients.
- Short recovery time. Patients can have surgery on a Friday and return to work on Monday. This is a result of faster laser treatment times, proper pre-op procedures, minimally-invasive laser treatments and a proven regimen of post-op care.
- Quick & comfortable procedure. Using our advanced all-laser iLASIK technique, the actual laser treatment time is 60-seconds or less, with patients reporting little to no discomfort.
- A LASIK Partner You Can Trust. Unlike corporate or discount LASIK providers, Berkeley Eye Center has been helping keep Texans focused for over 50 years. Our tradition of ‘Eye Care Excellence’ was founded on award-winning customer service, experienced surgeons you can trust and being an eye care provider you can count on for ALL of your eye care needs. While we won’t offer deep discounted pricing, we do offer all of our patients one price for state-of-the-art technology and in-house financing as well as some of the most-competitive rates by CareCredit and other organizations.
LASIK for Nearsighted, Farsighted & Astigmatism ➤
Your LASIK Experience
Our LASIK procedures are performed in the comfort and safety of a specially designed laser suite at Berkeley Eye Center. To help reduce possible risks and complications, factors such as humidity, temperature and overall air quality are closely monitored and maintained.
Upon arrival, you and your guest will be invited into our internal waiting room. You meet with the surgeon, who will provide a final exam and answer any questions you or your guest may have. The preparation and ‘relaxation’ takes the majority of time, then the laser correction begins – 60 seconds or less – in reality.
Step 1 – Pre-Op Exam & Questions
Step 2 – LASIK pre-operative area to help you relax and prepare for your procedure
Step 3 – Enter Laser Suite for two-step procedure: flap-creation and laser correction.
Step 4 – Post-Op Exam & Instructions – most patients exclaim they can already see!
Watch the above video to see the whole patient-experience.
Many of our guest waiting areas provide an optional ‘viewing room’ so the guest can remain outside of the sterile area, while watching the actual life-changing procedure!
Our Technology – The Choice for iLASIK
When considering your vision correction procedure, it is important to understand exactly what kind of treatment you will receive. iLASIK is the combination of two lasers used during the vision correction procedure. Step one creates the flap with Intralase (iFS), step two reshapes the cornea with the VISX Star S4 laser.
Berkeley Eye Center is one of only a few providers across Houston who offer the iLASIK procedure.
Your LASIK “Prescription” – As Unique as Your DNA ➤
Today, leading surgeons, like our doctors, are taking LASIK to the next level with CustomVue™, a Wavefront-Guided Custom laser procedure approved by the FDA. During the CustomVue procedure, diagnostic information gathered during the WaveFront scanning process is fed directly into our VISX Star S4 eye-tracking laser.
Just like your fingerprint and DNA, the information fed into the laser is unique to your eyes only. Each of your eyes will receive its own custom laser procedure, where no two custom procedures in the world are identical.
For corneal reshaping, we use the VISX Star S4 eye-tracking laser with Iris Registration. Eye-tracking means that the laser shifts with the eye as it follows the landmarks on the eye. Iris Registration is a non-contact method for aligning the advanced CustomVue procedure. We are able to take photos of landmarks on each individual’s iris so that the laser correctly centers and aligns the treatment on the iris. With Iris Registration, there is no possibility of treating a wrong eye or the wrong patient.
Flap Creation ➤
Safety is Our Number One Priority
Flap Creation – 5th Generation Intralase (iFS) Laser Techonology
Some practices still use a mechanical, bladed device called a microkeratome to create the flap. With the bladed style microkeratome there was an increased risk of complications such as corneal abrasions, irregular flaps, as well as button-hole flaps. The Intralase laser has 3x more flap stability than a microkeratome-created flap.
We are proud to include the 5th Generation iFS Laser – now in all of our laser centers across the Greater Houston area. Ask your LASIK doctor for more information and which locations offer this technology.
Our Technology Has Proven Results
- Faster visual recovery
- Fewer dry eye symptoms
- Over 5 million IntraLase procedures
- 10+ years of research to improve safety and precision of LASIK
- Allowed by NASA and the U.S. Military where precise vision is demanded