Are lines, wrinkles and a loss of volume in the areas around your eyes making you look tired or older than you feel? Do you want to eliminate the crow’s feet and other signs of aging, but don’t want to deal with the expense or risks of cosmetic surgery? Berkeley Eye Center of Houston oculoplastic clinic offers a wide range of cosmetic injectables and dermal fillers to patients looking for a non-surgical alternative for restoring the areas around the eye to a more youthful, vigorous appearance.
Dr. Aida Bounama is a Houston oculoplastic surgeon with extensive training and experience in administering dermal fillers and other cosmetic injectables. By tailoring her treatments to fit each patient’s individual needs, Dr. Bounama has achieved astounding results, taking years off her patient’s appearance.
Treatment areas can include:
- Crows feet (Peri-orbital lines around the eyes)
- Glabellar lines (vertical lines between the brows)
- Loss of volume in the inferior face including nasolabial lines
- Temporal hollows (on the temples)
- Tear trough/nasojugal groove
As You Age, You Wrinkle
Cosmetic injectables and dermal fillers temporarily correct the changes that happen in the face as a result of aging and sun damage. Over time, the skin around the eyes becomes thinner, dryer and less elastic, causing wrinkles, lines and creases to appear. That’s because older skin creates less of the nutrients needed to maintain a youthful, healthy appearance. Levels of collagen (which provides support and gives firmness to your skin), elastin (gives your skin elasticity), hyaluronic acid (which helps keep your skin hydrated) and fat (which provides fullness) begin to decrease. External factors, such as sunlight and smoking, can also impact the appearance and tone of the skin.
Dermal Filler Treatment Options
Fortunately, there are many options for temporarily removing the lines and wrinkles that crease the skin around the eyes:
- BOTOX – a favorite with men and women, BOTOX is injected directly into the facial muscles, where it blocks the nerve signals that cause the facial muscles to contract. As the facial muscles gradually relax, lines, furrows and creases fade or disappear completely. A BOTOX treatment can last up to 4 months.
- Juvederm – brand gel injectables made out of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that adds volume and hydration. They are used to add volume and fullness, smoothing out wrinkles and folds around the eyes.
- Latisse – is used to make eyelashes grow longer, fuller and darker
Safe, Affordable, Effective
The process begins with an initial consultation/examination with Dr. Bounama to discuss your options and develop a treatment plan that’s just right for you. Treatments usually take less than 30 minutes to complete.
In most instances, you can begin to see results right away. Most fillers last for 1-2 years and can be injected in most parts of the face. When the effects wear off, you simply come in for another treatment. The procedure can be repeated as many times as you wish.
Berkeley Eye Center of Houston Dermal Fillers
Injectable dermal fillers are a safe and effective way for men and women to help replace the volume that is lost over time. The affordability, convenience and amazing results make dermal fillers one of the most popular oculoplastic procedures we perform. If you want to reduce the signs of aging in your face but aren’t ready for cosmetic surgery, call Berkeley Eye Center’s oculoplastics clinic to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Bounama.