VISION CORRECTION QUIZ*Denotes Required Field
Disclaimer: This survey does not replace an in-office exam, nor is it designed to provide online consultation. The information is intended for information purposes only and will help guide you to appropriate vision correction treatment(s) among the various procedures we offer today. It is not a determination for candidacy which can only be made through a thorough in-office examination and consultation.
Say Goodbye to Glasses and Contact Lenses with LASIK Surgery
You’ve probably heard about LASIK eye surgery.
Chances are, you have a friend or family member who’s had LASIK eye surgery. LASIK provides an ideal alternative to wearing glasses or contact lenses for people with less than perfect vision. Brad Pitt, Kim Kardashian, Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are just a few of the celebrities who have had LASIK surgery. Over half a million Americans undergo LASIK, or laser in-situ keratomileusis, surgery each year. It’s the most common laser eye procedure to correct refractive vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism.
LASIK eye surgery is a popular procedure, but is it right for you? Let’s examine the benefits of this procedure and determine if you could be a LASIK candidate.
What makes LASIK surgery so popular?
The facts about LASIK speak for themselves:
- LASIK vision surgery has a success rate of 97%.
- Most patients who undergo the procedure emerge with 20/20 or better vision.
- LASIK is a painless outpatient procedure that takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- The effects are almost always permanent.
- Patients usually experience improved vision immediately after the procedure.
- LASIK improves long-term eye health: Those who opted for laser surgery experience significantly less eye infections, abrasions, and corneal ulcers than those wearing contact lenses.
- Many of those who undergo the procedure notice an immediate improvement in night vision.
Are You a Lasik Candidate?
Almost anyone who wears glasses or contact lenses is a good candidate for LASIK vision surgery. There are a few LASIK qualifications, however, such as:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Your prescription must meet FDA guidelines for nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Your eyes must have a healthy retina, eye pressure and the cornea must be of sufficient thickness.
- You have no major eye diseases, infections, inflammation, severely dry eyes or scarring.
- You can’t be pregnant or nursing.
Berkeley Eye Center: 60 Years of Eye Care Excellence
Berkeley Eye Center of Houston is one of the leaders in advanced LASIK surgery, successfully performing thousands of these procedures each year. As pioneers in the field of cataract and refractive surgery, Berkeley Eye Center of Houston continues to set the standard in the field of laser vision correction, cataract removal and implantation, retina care and glaucoma management. Our highly trained LASIK eye surgeons are able to effectively correct mild to moderate refractive conditions through LASIK nearsightedness surgery, LASIK farsightedness surgery and LASIK astigmatism surgery.
Outstanding customer service, state of the art technology and procedures, the highest trained eye specialists and affordable pricing are just a few of the reasons patients have been choosing the Berkeley Eye Center of Houston for over 60 years. If you think LASIK eye surgery is right for you, please contact the Berkeley Eye Center of Houston at (713) 526-3937 or submit a request online to schedule a consultation/examination with one of our LASIK surgeons.
With 23 full-service eye care clinics and 6 state of the art laser surgery centers in Houston, Katy, The Woodlands, Katy Freeway (Memorial area) and Corpus Christi, there’s a Berkeley Eye Center near you.