As 2015 comes to a close, the doctors and staff at Berkeley Eye Center want to thank all of the patients that chose us as the place for their vision needs. 2015 was a busy and rewarding year for Berkeley Eye Center. Here are some of the highlights of another great year of service to Houston and the surrounding communities.
1. Top Houston Workplace. The Houston Chronicle chose Berkeley Eye Center as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth consecutive year. Our employees answered questions based on employee pay, benefits and workplace satisfaction, and as a result, voted us as a Top Houston Workplace. We couldn’t be more thankful for every member of our wonderful staff, and the hard work they put in every day to take care of our amazing patients!
2. New Locations. With a goal to serve more Texans in more places, Berkeley Eye Center opened locations in Atascocita, Cleveland and Brenham. All three of these locations offer comprehensive eye exams, as well as optical and surgical services. In addition, the Kingwood location added a state of the art LASIK suite, bringing the convenience of LASIK closer to home for many patients.
3. Mission Trip to Mexico. Two of our Berkeley Eye doctors – Dr. Ralph Berkeley and Dr. Elvia Canseco, traveled with technician Melba Garcia to provide eye car needs to the people of Northern Mexico. We’re proud to have doctors and staff that have a heart for service beyond our borders!
4. Honors for Dr. Sun. Houstonia Magazine honored Berkeley Eye Center Doctor Regina Sun as one of the city’s top doctors for 2015. Dr. Sun is a Houston native, graduating from Katy Taylor high school before attending college and medical school in Chicago. She is a board certified ophthalmologist and sees patients at the Berkeley Eye Center Pearland location.
5. Giving Back to Houston. At the start of the 2015 school year, the Berkeley Eye Center launched a “Buy a Pair, Get a Pair, Give a Pair” program. This program allowed students getting glasses at any of our locations to pick out a pair for us to donate to a Houston-area student in need. At Berkeley Eye Center, we strive to improve the vision of all Houstonians, children and adults.
6. See to Succeed. This Houston outreach program helps provide free eye exams and prescription eyewear to children in need. Berkeley Eye Center sent several staff members to help with this program.
7. Protecting Your Eyes. Throughout 2015, Berkeley Eye Center kept you and your family informed with the latest information on protecting your eyes. Some of that information included:
- Workplace Eye Safety
- Eyes and Allergies
- Proper Contact Lens Use
- Computer Eye Strain
- Ultraviolet Light Awareness
- Cataract Awareness
All the employees at Berkeley Eye Center wish you and your loved ones a happy new year! Don’t forget to visit one of our 20 offices for a preventative eye exam to start 2016 off right!