Berkeley Eye Center will re-open to the public on Monday, May 4, with new safety protocols and revised patient care processes in place. We are proud to have been able to continue to employee all 450 of our employees during the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
“Our goal has been and will continue to be to keep our patients and our employees safe,” Executive Director Mark Micheletti said. “One way we have achieved this is through the utilization of telemedicine. We will continue to provide telemedicine services to our patients that are not comfortable coming into a clinic or for health reasons need to not be out in public.”
Providing a Safe Experience, Exceptional Care
“From a patient perspective, we want the public to understand it is safe to come back and experience the same exceptional quality of personal care we’ve crafted during the past 60 years,” Micheletti said. “From an employee perspective, we’re proud to have kept all 450 members of our medical, surgical and optical staff employed during this crisis. This allowed us to care for hundreds of emergent care patients during the peak of the virus and to properly prepare for safely re-opening to the public.”
“Our processes and patient social distancing protocols have changed, but our passion for patient care remains as strong as the day Dr. Ralph Berkelely established the practice in 1959.”
Stringent Safety Protocols and Guidelines
Berkeley Eye Center has implemented the same safety protocols and guidelines as major medical centers, including:
- All patients will be screened before entering a clinic.
- Only patients will be allowed into clinics, unless patient assistance is needed.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear a face mask.
- All staff will use gloves for patient contact.
- Staff will take patient’s temperatures.
- All equipment, contact surfaces and common areas will be disinfected.
- Exam lanes will be cleaned after every use.
- We will limit total patient access each day at each of our locations.
- Proper social distancing will be maintained.
60 Years of Exceptional Service
For more than 60 years, Berkeley Eye Center has provided comprehensive ophthalmology services in Houston, specializing in:
- cataract removal and lens implantation
- LASIK laser vision correction
- retinal and diabetic eye disease
- glaucoma management
- oculofacial cosmetic surgery and corneal disease
- full service optical dispensaries
- contact lens fitting
During the past 5 years, Berkeley Eye Center has been voted one of Houston’s ‘Top Work Places’ by the Houston Chronicle. A number of their surgeons have been voted ‘Best Doctors in America.
We currently have 20 offices around the greater Houston and surrounding areas, including offices in Corpus Christi and Brenham.