As 2013 comes to a close, the doctors and staff at Berkeley Eye Center want to take a few moments to reflect on another busy year filled with many wonderful changes. We’d like to extend our most sincere thanks to all of our patients for choosing us as your eye care provider, and we look forward to seeing you for another great year in 2014!
Here’s a look back at the top 7 highlights from 2013 at Berkeley Eye Center:
1. A New Face, a New Place: In January, we started the year with a bang, as Berkeley Eye Center welcomed Houston ophthalmologist Dr. Samuel J. Yankelove and announced our 5th laser center and 16th location, located at 8800 Katy Freeway, Ste. 107, in Houston.
2. In the Spotlight: In May, Corpus Christi Ophthalmologist Dr. Adam Spengler was featured on KIII TV’s Ask the Doctor segment addressing issues of the most common eye problems South Texas residents grapple with.
3. Readers’ Choice: In June, Berkeley Eye Center – Katy was honored as one of the Best Optometrists in the city by the Katy Times’ annual reader survey.
4. Fighting for Vision: In July, Dr. Spengler had the unique opportunity to help an MMA fighter get 20/20 vision. He performed LASIK surgery on Paulina Granados, who said the surgery helped make her a better fighter.
5. Super Doctors: In October, Houston Ophthalmologists Dr. Michael Caplan and Dr. Matthew McCauley were honored to be included in the 2013 Texas Super Doctors® list. It was Dr. Caplan’s second year to make the list. Dr. McCauley was listed as one of the Super Doctors Rising Stars.
6. A Great Place to Work: In November, for the third consecutive year, Berkeley Eye Center was honored to be selected as one of The Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces.
7. Earning Recognition: In December, Dr. Yankelove was initiated into the Fellows of the American College of Surgeons, one of 1,622 Initiates from around the world. Inductees to the College must meet a stringent list of membership requirements to be admitted.
Have you been putting off a routine eye exam or considering LASIK surgery? The new year is a great time to make a fresh start with new vision, whether that’s a new prescription for contacts or a glasses-free experience from vision correction surgery. Get started today by calling Berkeley Eye Center at 713-526-3937 or schedule an appointment online.