Cataract Surgery Financing Options
How are we helping our patients pay for the most advanced cataract care?
To help make all of our vision correction procedures accessible to patients at Berkeley Eye Center, we offer convenient patient financing options with monthly payments. This includes our cataract patients who may want to finance their out-of-pocket expenses or even their annual insurance deductibles.
Our goal at Berkeley Eye Center is to help you make an educated and informed decision not only about your vision correction procedure – cataract surgery, LASIK, retinal care, glaucoma management or even your next pair of glasses or contacts – but also about our fees and our convenient payment options.
At all of our Berkeley Eye Center locations, our standard and premium cataract procedures are approved by Medicare and most health insurance companies. However, they are not fully covered by Medicare or insurance providers. Therefore, your coverage – and any out of pocket expenses you may incur – will depend on your deductibles and the type of cataract surgery you choose to undergo.
Specific Coverages For Cataract Surgery
For traditional cataract surgery at Berkeley Eye Center, your insurance company will provide you with a basic (monofocal) lens that will provide excellent overall distance vision with glasses, provided there are no other problems with the health of your eye. If you used corrective lenses prior to your cataract procedure – and are receiving a standard monofocal IOL – you will mosty likely need some type of corrective lenses after surgery.
You can expect that your insurance or heath care service provider to pay the Outpatient Surgery Center fee and the cost of anesthesia, as well as the surgeon’s fee for cataract surgery, less any deductible or co-pay requirements.
The advanced vision treatment options available to you are not fully covered by insurance. However, the insurance industry allows cataract patients to ‘upgrade’ their vision with these new lenses for a nominal fee. These options are covered in the Custom Lens section of our website. During your cataract evaluation, your doctor may recommend an advanced treatment option to provide you with the best possible vision outcome without glasses.
Thanks to recent changes in Medicare and health care coverage, costs for health care coverage in general will be shared by three entities: 1) The insurance provider; 2) The medical practice; 3) The patient. At Berkeley Eye Center we are dedicated to helping you understand the complex nature of healthcare costs and welcome your comments and questions.
What Factors Can Influence Your Cataract Eye Surgery Cost?
- Standard Cataract Surgery: Little to no additional out of pocket expenses incurred other than your standard deductibles.
- Astigmatic Cataract Surgery: Advanced IOL technology and lasers now allow Berkeley Eye Center to correct your Astigmatism at the same time as your procedure. Our techniques are approved by Medicare and the insurance industry but are not fully covered. Therefore, additional out-of-pocket expenses will be incurred.
- Premium Cataract Surgery: Premium cataract surgery at Berkeley Eye Center features advanced multifocal lens implants and Femtosecond laser cataract technology. It is designed to reduce or eliminate your dependence on corrective eyewear after surgery. Our advanced technology is approved by Medicare and the insurance industry but is not fully covered. Therefore, additional out-of-pocket expenses will be incurred.
Payment Options ➤
- Cash / Money Order / Cashier’s Check
- Credit Card – We accept most major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Combinations – Cash, Credit (including Flex) and/or Financing (with approved credit; see options below.)
Flex Spending and Health Savings Accounts
One of the best ways to pay for a portion of your vision correction procedure is by setting the funds aside in your Flex Spending (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) beforehand, so that the money you spend on lens replacement or cataract surgery is tax-free.
Financing Options ➤
Finance Through CareCredit
We’re pleased to offer our patients the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. CareCredit is the credit card exclusive for healthcare services. You’ll get low monthly payment plans for healthcare procedures not commonly covered by insurance, including all levels of cataract surgery and lens replacement surgery.
Learn more by visiting CareCredit.com or contacting our office. Ready to apply? Apply online online for your CareCredit card today.